A care assistant, also known as a personal care assistant or support worker, is responsible for providing support and assistance to individuals who require help with daily activities due to illness, disability, or old age.
- Assist with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Help with mobility and transfers, including moving the individual from bed to wheelchair or vice versa.
- Assist with feeding and administering medication as prescribed.
- Provide emotional support and companionship to the individual.
- Assist with household tasks, such as cleaning and laundry.
- Monitor the individual’s health and well-being and report any concerns to healthcare professionals or family members.
- Accompany the individual to appointments, social events, and other activities.